- Choose a reporter from your group – someone who will summarize the team’s reflections when we return to plenary.
- Decide in your breakout who will do which immersion. Each person should choose one – and be prepared to comment on it with colleagues. There are variants offered; make sure your team chooses a variety.
- Mute your microphones
- Use your mobile phone to launch the particular experience from the QR code, or use the web link to go to YouTube on your laptop. Each lasts between 7 and 10 minutes.
- When done, unmute your microphones and discuss the questions below.
Virtual Reality Immersion Options:
- Through My Eyes: Issue – developing empathy for those experiencing bias at work.
Alan – Department Head
Denise – Product Manager
Katie – Data Analyst
Taylor – Product Manager
2. New Customers: Issue – understanding realities re: financial security.
3. New Cultures (Mumbai): Issue – becoming more curious about urban India, unfamiliar cultures.
Directions: Choose a notetaker who will report out at the end of your breakout, summarizing the group’s insights.
- Describe what you experienced / saw.
- What opportunity (learning, experiential, etc.) was this immersion addressing? What was new about this in terms of departure from conventional practice?
- What broader application might this approach have – in your industry or others?